CAMP EMMAUS 2018!!
WHAT SHOULD WE PACK?
Camp Emmaus is a Catholic camp, so please dress in a manner appropriate to that setting. We want our focus to be on the Lord and the way we dress can help us to do that. Your clothes should be clean, in good condition, and modest. The weather will be warm, so pack accordingly, but please be mindful of these guidelines:
For all participants:
You will be attending Mass daily. While you don't need to wear your Sunday best every day, we do ask that you keep your attire respectful and appropriate to that Divine reality.
- No sagging- your shorts should be worn at the waist, covering your boxers/undergarments.
- No tanks tops. Basic t-shirts would be a great option.
- Swimsuits: you will have access to the pool at various points throughout the week. Please bring swim trunks, not speedos.
- Tops should fully cover your bra; no crop tops, backless, or plunging necklines.
- Your shorts and/or skirts should be of a reasonable length (recommendation: at or below your fingertips with your arms relaxed at your sides). This will allow you to sit on the ground, go for hikes, and play games easily and without worry.
- Swimsuits: you will have access to the pool at various points through the week. Please bring one piece swimsuits or tankinis that fully cover your midriff. If you don't have a swimsuit that fits that description, please bring a tank top to wear over your bikini.
Check the weather!
Bringing layers of clothes is a great idea!!
We will be staying in Cabins (with bunk beds) with thin mattresses that your sleeping bags can go on top of. They all have A/C and heating as needed. Since we’ll be up there for a few days it might be good to bring a little extra cushioning for better support as to get restful sleep.
What To Bring List
- A great attitude!
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, paste, personal care items)
- Let us know if you have any medication (epipen etc. for first aid)
- Modest clothing
- Shoes you don’t mind getting a little dirty
- Water Bottle
- Hat or visor if you are sensitive to the sun
- Sweater, rain jacket, boots, possibly a snow jacket, again check the weather for rain, or COLD!
- Bible, prayer book
- A notebook or notepad – for taking notes…
You are not allowed to use your cell phone on retreat.
You are welcome to leave them at home. You aren’t going to need your cell phone (or ipod/ipad/mp3 or any other electronic device) during the sessions.
All medications, medical devices, or any special items should be disclosed on your permission form.
Drugs, alcohol, weapons, or any other illegal substances are strictly prohibited!
***Click here to print a copy of this list.